Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thane (Not Mass Effect!)

I was seriously miffed when I found out that penguins can't fly.

Do you remember buying houses in Oblivion? I remember that the cheapest house you could buy, was a crappy shack on the Imperial Waterfront. I also remember that the best you could buy, was a big house in Skingrad, which you could supplement with a maid - Rawr.

To skip straight to where I wanna go to: We're getting an upgrade! We can become Thanes! Huzzah!
Thanes are kind of representatives of the supreme power (say king, for example) and they own land - And not just a sweet abode, but it can also be that of towns and fields, which is why I hope that we'll be place in such a position, that we can demand taxes! And maybe cookies!

Thanes' homes are usually (not Skyrim, just historically) big and "noble-like" and sometimes even a fort or a small castle. That said, we can also own smaller homes, so worry not, if you wish not become a big, fancy overlord, you do not have to.

The concept of Thane is always hard to perceive in modern times, since they are rarely portrayed in a historically correct sense - They are most often portrayed as nobles (which in a way they are.... It's hard to... Ah, screw it!)

YOU CAN BECOME A THANE
BE HAPPY!