Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hunt --> Kill --> Skin --> Cook

I think I may have written about killing innocent animals several times before, but since everyone enjoys partaking in inhuman acts of animal cruelty, lets pack the topic into yet another package!

As I've mentioned before, I am quite keen on the whole "hunting" aspect of RPG's, but unfortunately the closest we've ever got to a decent system is Gothic III, which was basically one big bug. Hunting in Oblivion was doable, but not all that satisfying, since it was far from being an intended aspect.

All that will now change, with Skyrim being released on Friday! As it turns out, there's now a point in hunting critters, apart from the mere joy of ending the lives of pristine animals, whilst shouting "Death by arrow!" (No, using flames is not hunting!)
Now we can get meat, which we can use for cooking, on which we can earn a couple of bucks - Ka-Ching!
Moreover we can also use the pelts to wrap around the handle of our trusty weapon, in order to do something! (I have no fricken clue as to what it does.)

Finally, reassuringly enough, one of the journalists who have had the pleasure of already playing the game, has assured us that hunting deer, or elk, or whatever, is fricken entertaining. Also, you can run into other hunters out in the wild, kill them and take their loot - or not; But I think I know which option you'd prefer.