I came home from school Friday and had a few hours to play before the arrival of my girlfriend (which is SO relevant later in this story.)
After completing the (awesome) intro, featuring our friendly neighborhood Alduin in the spotlight, I emerged from the tutorialistic cave and I had only one thing running through my mind: Find a spoon!
In spite of my rock-hard decision about not gong to Riverwood, I eventually ended up there anyway and spent nearly an hour before I left, further proving that this game is fricken huge. I found myself overwhelmed with the amount of options I had and so I felt I had no choice but to go Bleak Falls Barrow, in spite of my even harder rock-hard decision not to, but not before replacing my desired spoon with a ladle. 'Tis only a temporary substitute - I will find you, spoon!I went through Bleak Falls and quickly realized that the footage we've seen of it trough the last couple of months, were only like half of the content in there. I also realized that combat is a lot more fun, especially since the characters move a lot more realistically and that stagger not only affects our character, but also the camera angle - it fricken shakes! Awesome!
As I eventually came upon the last chamber, I eagerly awaited a Dragon Priest to come and combat me, but I was welcomed only by a Draugr which was slightly more hardcore than the rest - I was disappointed, but since then, I have learned to happily welcome the absence of Dragon Priests.I grabbed all the treasure, headed back to Riverwood, turned in the claw and sold all of my crap, and then I was off to Whiterun, which since then have been my central hub - I've barely spent time in any other cities than Whiterun and Markath.
After a few quests, involving killing my first dragon, I found the Lunar Forge and then my girlfriend came - invited her to try it out - After spending 10 minutes learning how to walk, she went to a camp'o'giants and... Well, died.
That was the first 3-4 hours. The beginning of my very long weekend.