If Pete ever snaps from taking crap, I won't blame him, given the massive rage against Bethesda that has occurred after the release of the very late PC specs. It is quite common for people to act in an aggressive manner when fear strikes and it seems that the fear of Skyrim being small, ugly or having lack of content is no difference.
I am of course referring to the fact that Skyrim only will take up approximately 6GB of space on your hard drive, which have gotten people worried.
For months, I have been answering your questions and gathering intel, but now I think it is time for me to ask you one - From all you've seen and all you know of Skyrim and the team behind it, how can you ever, EVER doubt that this game will max out on the epic scale? Time and time again, Bethesda has proven that they go above and beyond - Always!
So why does Skyrim only take up 6GB? As Pete stated: They use a new engine and they have simply become very skilled at compressing.
My advice: Be happy - Don't look a gift horse in the mouth - Leave Pete alone.