Some people like to call the way you did alchemy in Oblivion a minigame. I like to call it the "What alternative is there?" technique. It wasn't a minigame, but what I wonder is... Will Skyrim have one? For alchemy that is? I assume not, since Todd Howard doesn't really fancy them.Still, Alchemy IS in Skyrim. Each of the class specializations, not that you're supposed to choose one of them, has its own skill. In Oblivion, alchemy was anything but useful - I often mixed potions for kicks, but the skill was never really needed.
Alchemy will be the Stealth craft skill in Skyrim, with more focus on making deadly poisons and if my wishes to the flying spaghetti monster comes true, also smoke bombs!
The several new climates also comes into play as we unfold our adventure in the art of creating liquids that make people die, since they will provide us with different kinds of ingredients, meaning that if you want to make something incredibly awesome, you have to travel around and get the appropriate ingredients first!
Master Howard has revealed to us that Alchemy will work differently from how it did in oblivion, but sadly we must remain in the dark of whatever the fuck it is he means by that.
