Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trespassers will be shot; Survivors will be shot again...

... And I can't wait to hammer the sign into the ground, as I with great pleasure scout around for intruders on my new property.

...
Oh, did you think I meant in real life? No way - I'll probably live with my parents until I die, but that isn't really the point here. The point is that we WILL indeed have the pleasure of owning property (houses and the like) in Skyrim.

It was a grand touch to Oblivion to have a place of your own and in Skingrad you could even get a sla... I mean, maid.

What I would like to know is whether we will be able to purchase more than mere houses, 1 for each city. Maybe just a hunting lodge in the forest or a mansion in the hills would be nice! Given that they take great notice to the modding community, maybe we'll even have some better "museum" options in our homes, so that we won't tip over every dynamic object in an attempt to carefully black our black sword of infinite doom in a display case.

I'm not sure if you can have children, but you can definitely have your spouse moving into your home, should you decide that you want to settle down or that you merely want dinner ready at any given point when you're taking a break from your adventures. Otherwise the whole concept of marriage seems redundant.

Should you be able to undulate into the bedroom and make your own little screamer... Well then I guess there is no point in playing The Sims anymore, is there?

How many homes you can own is unknown ATM, but I have it on questionable authority that it'll be a more than in Oblivion.